Description MRS contains IDL routines for wavelet, ridgelet and curvelet transform on the sphere, and applications such denoising on the sphere using wavelets and/or curvelets, Gaussianity tests and Independent Component Analysis on the Sphere.
Publications Papers related to the following experiments:
- P. Abrial, Y. Moudden, J.L. Starck,M.J. Fadili, J. Delabrouille, and M. Nguyen, "CMB Data Analysis and Sparsity" , Statistical Methodology , Vol 5, No 4, pp 289-298, 2008.
- P. Abrial, Y. Moudden, J.L. Starck, J. Bobin, M.J. Fadili, B. Afeyan and M. Nguyen, "Morphological Component Analysis and Inpainting on the Sphere: Application in Physics and Astrophysics" , Journal of Fourier Analysis and Applications (JFAA), special issue on ``Analysis on the Sphere'', 13, 6, pp 729-748, 2007.
- J.-L Starck, Y. Moudden, P. Abrial and M. Nguyen, "Wavelets, Ridgelets and Curvelets on the Sphere", Astronomy and Astrophysics, 446, 1191-1204, 2006.
- J. Jin, J.-L. Starck, D.L. Donoho, N. Aghanim and O. Forni, "Cosmological non-Gaussian Signature Detection: Comparing Performance of Different Statistical Tests", Eurasip Journal on Applied Signal Processing , 2005, 15 pp 2470-2485, 2005.
- J.-L. Starck, N. Aghanim and O. Forni, "Detecting Cosmological non-Gaussian Signatures by Multi-scale Methods" , Astronomy and Astrophysics , 416, 9--17, 2004.
MRS Experiments Experiments relative to the MRS package:.
Multiscale Decomposition on the Sphere
- Undecimated Isotropic Wavelet Transform on the Sphere
- Pyramidal Isotropic Wavelet Transform on the Sphere
- Ridgelet Transform on the Sphere
- Curvelet Transform on the Sphere