Over the last 15 years, I have been involved as Co-I or PI in the management of 13 million euros of grants from national, European and international sources, including a senior ERC.
- 2023-2027: TITAN, EU HORIZON-WIDERA (2500 kEuros), ERA Chair,
Frugal Artificial Intelligence and Application in Astrophysics, ERA Chair in Astro-Informatics at ICS-FORTH: TITAN will create an interdisciplinary center of excellence at FORTH in Crete for developing the tools, methods, and applications of computational science, machine learning, and statistics for research and education in data-oriented Astronomy. TITAN will fully unlock the potential of FORTH, the Cretan region and Greece through the implementation of a set of measures geared towards: capacity building (expansion of the research program, advanced training opportunities); institutional development and structural change; and intersectoral and international partnership activities in the field of Computational Astrophysics.
- 2023-2025: ARGOS-CDS, EU HORIZON-INFRADEV (2868 kEuros), CO-I, Conceptual Design Study: Designing a next-generation radio telescope for multi-messenger astronomy: The ARGOS conceptual design study (ARGOS-CDS) is a 3 years project that will prepare the rapid implementation of a radio-telescope on European ground to open up the dynamic radio sky for exploration of radio variable point sources (counterparts of GW sources, gamma-ray bursts, active galactic nuclei, supernovae, etc). The FORTH institute in Crete is leading the project and partners are the Bonn Max-Planck-Institut für Radioastronomie and CEA-Saclay. CEA is involved in developing the algorithms to produce cutting-edge data processing, classification and data-distribution technologies for the entire multi-messenger astronomy community.
- 2023-2026: TOSCA: New weak lensing statistics: optimizing the synergy between Euclid and SKAO
- 2011-2029: Euclid, LE3 Organisation Unit.
- Leader of the level 3 Organization Unit in the Euclid Consortium (a unit regrouping 240 researchers dedicated to design the algorithms that will be used to deliver ESA Euclid products such as power spectra, mass maps, etc).
- 2016-2022: Compressed Sensing for Magnetic Resonance Imaging & Cosmology (COSMIC) is a partnership between scientists at NeuroSpin and CosmoStat funded by the CEA Fundamental Research Division (DRF). This project aims to foster a collaboration between the two groups in order to solve problems in the realms of biomedical and astrophysical imaging.
- SKA: member of the Cosmology Scientific Working Group, which defines the Science Case for SKA.
|Sagem Défense Sécurité (SAGEM), France: Navigation systems for aeronautic, naval and land applications, optronics technologies, and tactical UAV systems, infrared imagers and light-intensifying cameras, targeting and surveillance sights.|
|Interuniversitair Micro-Electronica Centrum VZW (IMEC), Belgium: Hyperspectral image acquisition|
|PLANETEK Italia SRL (PLANETEK), Italy: Application scenarios and system requirements, Integration, demonstration and validation|
Selected Former Projects
- 2015-2018: EU H2020-FETOPEN (2703 kEuros), P.I., DEDALE, Data Learning on Manifolds and Future Challenges.
- 2015-2017: EU H2020-COMPET(1028 kEuros), CO-I, Physis, Sparse Signal Processing Technologies for HyperSpectral Imaging Systems.
- 2012-2014: ANR (300 KEuros), CO-I, MultID, Robust Multispectral data analysis for target detection and IDentification.
- 2010-2014: EU Marie Curie Industry-Academia Partnership and Pathways (1280 kEuros), CS-Orion, CO-I.
- 2009-2014: EU ERC Advanced Grant (2360 kEuros), P.I., SparseAstro, Sparse Representation of Multi-Valued Images: Application in Astrophysics.
- 2009-2012: ANR (307 kEuros), CO-I, NatImages.Adaptivity for Natural Images and Texture Representations.
- 2009-2011: EU Astronet (400 kEuros), CO-I, Compressed Sensing for Herschel.
Former Space Missions
- Planck 2005-2014: scientist member of weak lensing, non-Gaussianities and component separation working groups.
- FERMI 2008-2011: sources detection working group.
- The Infrared Space Observatory (ISO): 1995-2002 , deep infrared surveys.