Students & Postdocs
Over the past 15 years, I have supervised 39 PhD students and postdocs, with 5 currently in my group, of 17 different nationalities. Of the 33 who have continued beyond CosmoStat, 20 continue to work in academia (15 with permanent academic positions) and 13 work in industry (all with permanent positions), some still involved in research with me through my extensive academia-industry partnerships. I aim for gender balance in my group and am always interested in new ideas on how to achieve this.
A list of current vacancies in the CosmoStat group is available here.
|Benjamin Remi, PhD in Machine Learning|
|Denise Lanzieri, PhD in cosmology.|
|Vilasini Tinnaneri Sreekanth, PhD in Weak Lensing|
|Yanis Guimard, PhD in radio-interferometry.|
Former PhD Students (20) , 7 with permanent positions in Academia, 9 with permanent with permanent positions in the private domain, 4 are Postdoc.
- Tobias Liaudat, PhD (2019-2022) on Weak Lensing [thesis pdf file], now Postdoc at UCL, UK.
- Aymeric Alexandre Galan, PhD (2018-2022) on strong lensing, [thesis pdf file], now Postdoc at TUM, Germany.
- Benjamin Chiche, PhD Machine Learning (2019-2022), now Data Scientist at KYOCERA Communication Systems, Japan.
- Zaccharie Ramzi, PhD (2019-2022) in MRI Imaging, [thesis pdf file], now postdoc at ENS, France.
- Fadi Nammour, PhD (2018-2021) in Radio-Interferometry, [thesis pdf file], now Data Scientist at Capgemini Engineering , France.
- Virginia Ajani, PhD (2018-2021) on Weak Lensing, [thesis pdf file], now postdoc at ETH, Zurich, Swiss.
- Hung Tran, PhD (2017-2020) on Dictionary Learning and Machine Learning [thesis pdf file], now Machine Learning Engineer at Smiths Detection LtD.
- Morgan Schmitz, PhD 2016-2019 on Weak Lensing, [thesis pdf file], postdoc at Princeton University, USA , now maitre de conference at Nice University.
- Remy Joseph, PhD 2014-2018 on Strong lensing [thesis pdf file], postdoc at Princeton University, now postdoc at Stockholm University.
- Ming Jiang, PhD 2014-2017, on Multichannel Compressed Sensing and its Applications in Radioastronomy [thesis pdf file], postdoc at EPFL and now Associate Professor in the National Laboratory of Radar Signal Processing at Xidian university, China.
- Fred Ngolè (old CEA page), PhD, 2013-2016 on Optimal Transport applied to PSF measurements for Weak lensing,[thesis pdf file], now staff at CEA, Technology Research Divistion (DRT).
- Francois Lanusse, PhD, 2012-2015, on 2D and 3D dark matter mass map reconstruction, [thesis pdf file], postdoc at CMU, Berkeley, and now back at CosmoStat with a CNRS permanent position.
- Jérémy Rapin, PhD, 2012-2014, on mass spectroscopy and sparse non-negative matrix factorization [thesis pdf file (in french)], now Research Engineer, Meta AI Research.
- Daniel Machado, PhD, 2011-2014, on galaxies spectroscopic redshift estimation using wavelets, [thesis pdf file], now Senior Insight Analyst at Motability Operations Ltd, UK.
- Antoine Labatie, PhD, 2009-2012, on baryonic acoustic oscillations, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at Equinov Demand Side Management, France.
- Jeremy Schmitt , PhD, 2008-2011, on poisson noise and spherical images restoration, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now teacher in Nice (BTS).
- Arnaud Woiselle, PhD, 2007-2010, on 3D sparse representations (beamlet, curvelet, etc) [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at Safran.
- Jerome Bobin, PhD, 2005-2008, on Sparse Blind Source Separation, postdoc at Stanford, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now Directeur de Recherche at CEA, Electronics, Detectors and Computing Division (DEDIP).
- Sandrine Pires, PhD, 2005-2008, on 2D dark matter mass map reconstruciton using inpainting techniques, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now Research Engineer , CEA, The Electronics, Detectors and Computing Division (DEDIP).
- Pierrick Abrial , PhD, 2004-2008, on 2D spherical representation (wavelets and curvelets), [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at ITLink Ltd.
Former Postdocs (14), 8 with permanents positions in Academia, 4 with permanent positions in the private domain, 2 are Postdoc.
- Kostas Themelis, Postdoc 2017-2020, on statistical methods, now Data Scientist at dSphere.io, Athens, Greece.
- Austin Peel, Postdoc 2015-2019, now Postdoc at EPFL.
- Sam Farrens, postdoc 2015-2018, signal processing, machine learning, now researcher at CEA/CosmoStat, France.
- Samuel Farrens, Postdoc 2015-2017, now Researcher at CEA.
- Julien Girard, Postdoc, 2013-2015, now assistant professor at Denis Diderot University (Paris VII).
- Hugh Garsden, Postdoc, 2012-2014, now at University of Manchester.
- Soumen Basak, Postdoc, 2012-2013, now Associate Professor, Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Thiruvananthapuram, India.
- Paniez Paykari, Postdoc, 2010-2014, now Decision Scientist @ Meta, UK.
- Adrienne Leonard, Postdoc, 2010-2014, now Head of Data Science at Cirium, UK
- Georgios Tzagkarakis, Postdoc, 2010-2012, now researcher at FORTH, Greece.
- Francois-Xavier Dupe, Postdoc, 2010-2011, now at Assistant Professor at Marseille University, France.
- Olivier Fourt, Postdoc, 2008-2010, now Data Scientists, BOWEN, France.
- Erwan Deriaz, Postdoc, 2009-2010, now CNRS researcher at Nancy University, France
- Yassir Moudden, postdoc 2004-2005, now Research Engineer at CEA, France.
Former Master Students, engineers, etc
- Ezequiel Centofanti, intern 2022, PSF modelling, signal processing.
- Utsav Akhaury, intern 2021, machine leaning and radio astronomy, now PhD at EPFL, Swiss.
- Kevin Michalewicz, intern 2021, machine learning. now PhD at Imperial College London, UK.
- Aziz Ayed, interm 2021, signal processing, now PhD at MIT, USA.
- Hippolyte Karakostanoglou, Master student, 2020
- Jérôme Bonnin, intern 2019, PSF reconstruction, now Data Scientist.
- Florian Lalande, intern 2018, deep learning/mass maps, now PhD Student at OIST, Okinawa, Japon.
- Dalila Pîrvu, intern 2018, parameter estimation, now PhD Student at Perimeter Institute, Canada.
- Rebeca Araripe Furtado Cunha, intern 2018, now software engineer SaltPay, Portugal.
- Louis Yanne, intern 2018, super-resolution/deconvolution, Consulting IT Project Manager at Polyconseil, France.
- Remy Leroy, intern 2017-2018, mass mappin, now PhD Student at ONERA.
- Peipei Ran, Master student at Supelec, 2017.
- Morgan Schmitz, Master student at Polytechnique, 2016, now maitre de conference at Nice University.
- Ming Jiang, Master student at Telecom Bretagne, 2014.
- Valentine Copin, Master student at Central Lyon, 2014.
- Yinghao Ge, Master student at University of Xi'an, China, 2015.
- Cedric Arisdakessian, Master student at Ecole Centrale Lyon, 2014
- Simon Beckouche, CDD 2012-2014, now at BLUE RIDGE SAS, Paris.
- Fred Ngolè, Master student at Telecom Bretagne, 2013
- Aurele Balavoine, PhD at GeorgiaTech, visitor, 2012, now at Mathworks, US.
- Francois Lanusse, Master student at Supelec.
- Lila Hadji, CDD 2009-2011, now at PSA Peugeot Citroën.
- Boris Leistedt, Master student at Supelect, 2010.
- Nicolas Clerc, Master student at Polytechnique, 2008.
- Jeremy Schmitt, Master student at ENS Cachan, 2007
- Pierrick Francois, Master student, 2006.
- Bo Zhang, Master student at Telecom Paris, 2005.
- Savita Mathur, Master student, 2003.
- Victor Racine, Master student, 2002.