Over the past 15 years, I have supervised 37 PhD students and postdocs, with 7 currently in my group, of 17 different nationalities. Of the 30 who have continued beyond CosmoStat, 19 continue to work in academia (14 with permanent academic positions) and 10 work in industry (all with permanent positions), some still involved in research with me through my extensive academia-industry partnerships. I aim for gender balance in my group and am always interested in new ideas on how to achieve this.
Current Students (7)
|Benjamin Remi, PhD in Machine Learning|
|Denise Lanzieri, PhD in cosmology.|
|Tobias Liaudat, PhD in Weak Lensing|
|Benjamin Chiche, PhD Machine Learning|
|Aymeric Alexandre Galan, PhD in strong lensing.|
|Yanis Guimard, PhD in radio-interferometry.|
Former PhD Students (17)
- Zaccharie Ramzi, PhD (2019-2022) in MRI Imaging.
- Fadi Nammour, PhD (2018-2021) in Radio-Interferometry, [thesis pdf file].
- Virginia Ajani, PhD (2018-2021) on Weak Lensing, [thesis pdf file], postdoc at ETH Zurich.
- Hung Tran, PhD (2017-2020) on Dictionary Learning and Machine Learning [thesis pdf file], now Machine Learning Engineer at Smiths Detection LtD.
- Morgan Schmitz, PhD 2016-2019 on Weak Lensing, [thesis pdf file], postdoc at Princeton University, USA , now maitre de conference at Nice University.
- Remy Joseph, PhD 2014-2018 on Strong lensing [thesis pdf file], postdoc at Princeton University, now postdoc at Stockholm University.
- Ming Jiang, PhD 2014-2017, on Multichannel Compressed Sensing and its Applications in Radioastronomy [thesis pdf file], postdoc at EPFL and now Associate Professor in the National Laboratory of Radar Signal Processing at Xidian university, China.
- Fred Ngolè (old CEA page), PhD, 2013-2016 on Optimal Transport applied to PSF measurements for Weak lensing,[thesis pdf file], now staff at CEA, Technology Research Divistion (DRT).
- Francois Lanusse, PhD, 2012-2015, on 2D and 3D dark matter mass map reconstruction, [thesis pdf file], postdoc at CMU, Berkeley, and now back at CosmoStat with a CNRS permanent position.
- Jérémy Rapin, PhD, 2012-2014, on mass spectroscopy and sparse non-negative matrix factorization [thesis pdf file (in french)], now Research Engineer, Facebook AI Research.
- Daniel Machado, PhD, 2011-2014, on galaxies spectroscopic redshift estimation using wavelets, [thesis pdf file], now Senior Insight Analyst at Motability Operations Ltd, UK.
- Antoine Labatie, PhD, 2009-2012, on baryonic acoustic oscillations, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at Equinov Demand Side Management, France.
- Jeremy Schmitt , PhD, 2008-2011, on poisson noise and spherical images restoration, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now teacher in Nice (BTS).
- Arnaud Woiselle, PhD, 2007-2010, on 3D sparse representations (beamlet, curvelet, etc) [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at Safran.
- Jerome Bobin, PhD, 2005-2008, on Sparse Blind Source Separation, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at CEA, Electronics, Detectors and Computing Division
- Sandrine Pires, PhD, 2005-2008, on 2D dark matter mass map reconstruciton using inpainting techniques, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at CEA, Electronics, Detectors and Computing Division.
- Pierrick Abrial , PhD, 2004-2008, on 2D spherical representation (wavelets and curvelets), [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at ITLink Ltd.
Former Postdocs (13)
- Kostas Themelis, Postdoc 2017-2020, on statistical methods, now Senior data scientist at Wappier.
- Austin Peel, Postdoc 2015-2019, now at EPFL.
- Samuel Farrens, Postdoc 2015-2017, now at CEA.
- Julien Girard, Postdoc, 2013-2015, now assistant professor at Denis Diderot University (Paris VII).
- Hugh Garsden, Postdoc, 2012-2014, now at Harvard Center for Astrophysics, Boston, USA.
- Soumen Basak, Postdoc, 2012-2013, now Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Amrita School of Arts & Sciences, Kerala, India.
- Paniez Paykari, Postdoc, 2010-2014, now Decision Scientist, Facebook, UK.
- Adrienne Leonard, Postdoc, 2010-2014, now Senior Manager Data Science at Cirium, UK.
- Georgios Tzagkarakis, Postdoc, 2010-2012, now assistant professor at FORTH, Crete.
- Francois-Xavier Dupe, Postdoc, 2010-2011, now assistant professor at Marseille University.
- Olivier Fourt, Postdoc, 2008-2010, now at GESER-BEST.
- Erwan Deriaz, Postdoc, 2009-2010, now at Nancy University (CNRS researcher).
- Yassir Moudden, Postdoc, 2004-2005, now at CEA.
Former Master Students, engineers, etc
- Utsav Akhaury, Master student, 2021.
- Kevin Michalewicz, Master student, 2021.
- Aziz Ayed, Master student, 2021.
- Hippolyte Karakostanoglou, Master student, 2020
- Jerome Bonnin, Master student, 2019
- Dalila Pirvu, Master student at Imperial College, 2018.
- Rebeca Araripe Furtado Cunha, Master student, 2018.
- Louis Yanne, Master student, 2018.
- Remy Leroy, Master student 2017.
- Peipei Ran, Master student at Supelec, 2017.
- Morgan Schmitz, Master student at Polytechnique, 2016.
- Ming Jiang, Master student at Telecom Bretagne, 2014.
- Valentine Copin, master student at Central Lyon, 2014.
- Yinghao Ge, Master studentat University of Xi'an, China, 2015.
- Cedric Arisdakessian, Master student at Ecole Centrale Lyon, 2014
- Simon Beckouche, CDD 2012-2014, now at BLUE RIDGE SAS, Paris.
- Fred Ngolè, Master student at Telecom Bretagne, 2013
- Aurele Balavoine, PhD at GeorgiaTech, visitor, 2012, now at Mathworks, US.
- Francois Lanusse, Master student at Supelec.
- Lila Hadji, CDD 2009-2011, now at PSA Peugeot Citroën.
- Boris Leistedt, Master student at Supelect, 2010.
- Nicolas Clerc, Master student at Polytechnique, 2008.
- Jeremy Schmitt, Master student at ENS Cachan, 2007
- Pierrick Francois, Master student, 2006.
- Bo Zhang, Master student at Telecom Paris, 2005.
- Savita Mathur, Master student, 2003.
- Victor Racine, Master student, 2002.