Over the past 15 years, I have supervised 35 PhD students and postdocs, with 9 currently in my group, of 17 different nationalities. Of the 26 who have continued beyond CosmoStat, 17 continue to work in academia (14 with permanent academic positions) and 8 work in industry (all with permanent positions), some still involved in research with me through my extensive academia-industry partnerships. I aim for gender balance in my group and am always interested in new ideas on how to achieve this.
Current Students (8)
|Benjamin Remi, PhD in Machine Learning|
|Denise Lanzieri, PhD in cosmology.|
|Tobias Liaudat, PhD in Weak Lensing|
|Benjamin Chiche, PhD Machine Learning|
|Fadi Nammour, PhD in Radio-Interferometry|
|Virginia Ajani, PhD in cosmology.|
|Zaccharie Ramzi, PhD in MRI Imaging.|
|Aymeric Alexandre Galan, PhD in strong lensing.|
Former PhD Students (14)
- Hung Tran, PhD (2017-2020) on Dictionary Learning and Machine Learning [thesis pdf file].
- Morgan Schmitz, PhD 2016-2019 on Weak Lensing, [thesis pdf file], postdoc at Princeton University, USA , now maitre de conference at Nice University.
- Remy Joseph, PhD 2014-2018 on Strong lensing [thesis pdf file], now postdoc at Princeton University, USA.
- Ming Jiang, PhD 2014-2017, on Multichannel Compressed Sensing and its Applications in Radioastronomy [thesis pdf file], postdoc at EPFL and now Associate Professor in the National Laboratory of Radar Signal Processing at Xidian university, China.
- Fred Ngolè (old CEA page), PhD, 2013-2016 on Optimal Transport applied to PSF measurements for Weak lensing,[thesis pdf file], now staff at CEA, Technology Research Divistion (DRT).
- Francois Lanusse, PhD, 2012-2015, on 2D and 3D dark matter mass map reconstruction, [thesis pdf file], postdoc at CMU, Berkeley, and now back at CosmoStat with a CNRS permanent position.
- Jérémy Rapin, PhD, 2012-2014, on mass spectroscopy and sparse non-negative matrix factorization [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at CardioLogs.
- Daniel Machado, PhD, 2011-2014, on galaxies spectroscopic redshift estimation using wavelets, [thesis pdf file], now at Experian pH, London, UK.
- Antoine Labatie, PhD, 2009-2012, on baryonic acoustic oscillations, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at Equinov Demand Side Management, France.
- Jeremy Schmitt , PhD, 2008-2011, on poisson noise and spherical images restoration, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now teacher in Nice (BTS).
- Arnaud Woiselle, PhD, 2007-2010, on 3D sparse representations (beamlet, curvelet, etc) [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at Safran.
- Jerome Bobin, PhD, 2005-2008, on Sparse Blind Source Separation, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at CEA, Electronics, Detectors and Computing Division
- Sandrine Pires, PhD, 2005-2008, on 2D dark matter mass map reconstruciton using inpainting techniques, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at CEA, Electronics, Detectors and Computing Division.
- Pierrick Abrial , PhD, 2004-2008, on 2D spherical representation (wavelets and curvelets), [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at ITLink Ltd.
Former Postdocs (13)
- Kostas Themelis, Postdoc 2017-2020, on statistical methods
- Austin Peel, Postdoc 2015-2019, now at EPFL.
- Samuel Farrens, Postdoc 2015-2017, now at CEA.
- Julien Girard, Postdoc, 2013-2015, now assistant professor at Denis Diderot University (Paris VII).
- Hugh Garsden, Postdoc, 2012-2014, now at Harvard Center for Astrophysics, Boston, USA.
- Soumen Basak, Postdoc, 2012-2013, now Associate Professor, Department of Physics, Amrita School of Arts & Sciences, Kerala, India.
- Paniez Paykari, Postdoc, 2010-2014, now at Decision Scientist at Retail Insight ltd, UK.
- Adrienne Leonard, Postdoc, 2010-2014, now Data Scientist at FlightGlobal, London, UK.
- Georgios Tzagkarakis, Postdoc, 2010-2012, now assistant professor at FORTH, Crete.
- Francois-Xavier Dupe, Postdoc, 2010-2011, now assistant professor at Marseille University.
- Olivier Fourt, Postdoc, 2008-2010, now at GESER-BEST.
- Erwan Deriaz, Postdoc, 2009-2010, now at Nancy University (CNRS researcher).
- Yassir Moudden, Postdoc, 2004-2005, now at CEA.
Former Master Students, engineers, etc
- Utsav Akhaury, Master student, 2021.
- Kevin Michalewicz, Master student, 2021.
- Aziz Ayed, Master student, 2021.
- Hippolyte Karakostanoglou, Master student, 2020
- Jerome Bonnin, Master student, 2019
- Dalila Pirvu, Master student at Imperial College, 2018.
- Rebeca Araripe Furtado Cunha, Master student, 2018.
- Louis Yanne, Master student, 2018.
- Remy Leroy, Master student 2017.
- Peipei Ran, Master student at Supelec, 2017.
- Morgan Schmitz, Master student at Polytechnique, 2016.
- Ming Jiang, Master student at Telecom Bretagne, 2014.
- Valentine Copin, master student at Central Lyon, 2014.
- Yinghao Ge, Master studentat University of Xi'an, China, 2015.
- Cedric Arisdakessian, Master student at Ecole Centrale Lyon, 2014
- Simon Beckouche, CDD 2012-2014, now at BLUE RIDGE SAS, Paris.
- Fred Ngolè, Master student at Telecom Bretagne, 2013
- Aurele Balavoine, PhD at GeorgiaTech, visitor, 2012, now at Mathworks, US.
- Francois Lanusse, Master student at Supelec.
- Lila Hadji, CDD 2009-2011, now at PSA Peugeot Citroën.
- Boris Leistedt, Master student at Supelect, 2010.
- Nicolas Clerc, Master student at Polytechnique, 2008.
- Jeremy Schmitt, Master student at ENS Cachan, 2007
- Pierrick Francois, Master student, 2006.
- Bo Zhang, Master student at Telecom Paris, 2005.
- Savita Mathur, Master student, 2003.
- Victor Racine, Master student, 2002.