Over the past 10 years, I have supervised 23 PhD students and postdocs, with 5 currently in my group, of 10 different nationalities. Of the 18 who have continued beyond CosmoStat, 10 continue to work in academia (4 with permanent academic positions) and 8 work in industry (all with permanent positions), some still involved in research with me through my extensive academia-industry partnerships. I aim for gender balance in my group and am always interested in new ideas on how to achieve this.
Current Students & Postdocs
|Morgan Schmitz, PhD Weak Lensing|
|Austin Peel, Postdoc Weak lensing.|
Remy Joseph, PhD at EPFL, Strong lensing (co-supervisor)
Samuel Farrens, Postdoc, Weak lensing.
Former Students & Postdocs
|PhD 2014-2017, on Multichannel Compressed Sensing and its Applications in Radioastronomy [thesis pdf file].Now postdoc at EPFL.|
- Fred Ngolè (old CEA page), PhD, 2013-2016 on Optimal Transport applied to PSF measurements for Weak lensing,[thesis pdf file], now at CEA, Technology Research Divistion (DRT).
- Francois Lanusse, PhD, 2012-2015, on 2D and 3D dark matter mass map reconstruction, [thesis pdf file], now at CARNEGIE MELLON UNIVERSITY, PITTSBURGH, USA.
- Julien Girard, Postdoc, 2013-2015, now assistant professor at Denis Diderot University (Paris VII).
- Jérémy Rapin, PhD, 2012-2014, on mass spectroscopy and sparse non-negative matrix factorization [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at CardioLogs.
- Hugh Garsden, Postdoc, 2012-2014, now at Harvard Center for Astrophysics, Boston, USA.
- Simon Beckouche, CDD 2012-2014, now at BLUE RIDGE SAS, Paris.
- Soumen Basak, Postdoc, 2012-2013, now at SISSA, Italy
- Aurele Balavoine, PhD at GeorgiaTech, visitor, 2012, now at Mathworks, US.
- Daniel Machado, PhD, 2011-2014, on galaxies spectroscopic redshift estimation using wavelets, [thesis pdf file], now at Experian pH, London, UK.
- Paniez Paykari, Postdoc, 2010-2014, now at MSSL, UK.
- Adrienne Leonard, Postdoc, 2010-2014, now Data Scientist at FlightGlobal, London, UK.
- Georgios Tzagkarakis, Postdoc, 2010-2012, now at EONOS Investment Technologies.
- Francois-Xavier Dupe, Postdoc, 2010-2011, now assistant professor at Marseille University.
- Erwan Deriaz, Postdoc, 2009-2010, now at Nancy University (CNRS researcher).
- Antoine Labatie, PhD, 2009-2012, on baryonic acoustic oscillations, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at Equinov Demand Side Management, France.
- Jeremy Schmitt , PhD, 2008-2011, on poisson noise and spherical images restoration, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now teacher in Nice (BTS).
- Lila Hadji, CDD 2009-2011, now at PSA Peugeot Citroën.
- Olivier Fourt, Postdoc, 2008-2010, now at Clermont-Ferrand University.
- Arnaud Woiselle, PhD, 2007-2010, on 3D sparse representations (beamlet, curvelet, etc) [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at Safran.
- Jerome Bobin, PhD, 2005-2008, on Sparse Blind Source Separation, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at CEA.
- Sandrine Pires, PhD, 2005-2008, on 2D dark matter mass map reconstruciton using inpainting techniques, [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at CEA.
- Pierrick Abrial , PhD, 2004-2008, on 2D spherical representation (wavelets and curvelets), [thesis pdf file (in french)], now at ITLink Ltd.
- Yassir Moudden, Postdoc, 2004-2005, now at CEA.
Former Master Students
- Ming Jiang, Master student, 2014, now at CEA.
- Yinghao Ge, Master student, 2015, now at University of Xi'an, China.
- Cedric Arisdakessian, Master student, 2014, now at Ecole Centrale Lyon.
- Fred Ngolè, Master student, 2013, now at CEA.
- Francois Lanusse, Master student, 2011, now at Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, USA.
- Boris Leistedt, Master student, 2010, now at UCL, UK.
- Nicolas Clerc, Master student, 2008, now at Max Planck Institute, Germany.
- Jeremy Schmitt,Master student, 2008, now teacher in Nice.
- Pierrick Francois, Master student, 2006.
- Bo Zhang, Master student, 2005, now at Phillips.
- Savita Mathur, Master student, 2003, now at National Center for Atmospheric Research, Boulder, USA.
- Victor Racine, Master student, 2002, now at Fluofarma Ltd.